First Aid Training and Basic Life Support Courses
We’re a dynamic company offering great quality First Aid training, Fire Awareness and general safety courses for companies and individuals. Courses like the Basic Life Support course is specifically intended to train health care providers. We aim to empower individuals and groups to improve safety and health care through awareness and skills development.
Course facilitators are expert health care professionals who are knowledgeable and enthusiastic to provide quality training.
The following training courses are offered to individuals and groups in Johannesburg, Pretoria and the Gauteng area. Please enquire about course availability in your area by sending an email to email@example.com or have a look at our calendar. For a quick reference, you can download our quick course guide and course schedule:
First Aid training courses
Aid at Hand's First Aid training courses are all interactive courses facilitated by experienced enthusiastic instructors. The skills of cardio-pulmonary resuscitation (CPR), use of an automated external defibrillator (AED), bandaging, splinting, and more are practiced under the guidance of an instructor until course participants can do it with confidence. No prior medical knowledge or skills are necessary to participate in Level 1, 2 and 3 First Aid training courses. As your interest grows in first aid you can choose to progress to the next level of first aid. Participation in these first aid training courses is an enjoyable experience, as first aid training is an interactive course with lots of opportunity to practice these skills hands-on!
- First Aid Level 1 training course complies with the requirements for the Occupational Health and Safety Act. Corporate employees will receive first aid training that meets the Department of Labour standards and guidelines.
- First Aid Level 2 training course is an intermediate first aid course ideal for any person who is enthusiastic to know more about the management of unexpected medical, injury or environmental emergencies.
- First Aid Level 3 is a comprehensive first aid training course to suit the needs of persons working in hazardous environments or living in areas where medical care is not readily accessible.
Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers Training Course
Basic Life Support (BLS) is a must-have course for any health care provider! 15 Continuing Professional Development (CPD) points is awarded to anyone that is a member of the Health Professions Council of South Africa (HPCSA) on successful completion of BLS for Healthcare Providers. This course teaches the basic skills of CPR, using the automated external defibrillator (AED) safely, correctly and efficiently. The use of barrier devices for the delivery of oxygen are also demonstrated and skills practiced. The management of choking in an adult, child or infant are also included.
Heartsaver Training Courses
The AHA Heartsaver courses offers comprehensive CPR instruction for people with no prior experience or knowledge of this lifesaving skill. Depending on the course chosen basic first aid skills as well as the safe use of an AED is also taught and skills practiced while watching a video with the guidance of a facilitator. These are excellent courses that promise lots of fun while acquiring lifesaving skills!
- Heartsaver Paediatric First Aid, CPR and AED course is a must for any parent or person who takes responsibility for the care of children or babies. This interactive training course caters for the safety of children, CPR and use of AED, management of choking and other childhood related injury, medical or environmental emergencies.
- Heartsaver First Aid, CPR and AED course is ideal for any situation, whether you are working in your office, on a building site, enjoying yourself on an adventurous 4 x 4 track, or just enjoying mother nature on foot. The skills of CPR, safe use of an AED, and other first aid skills are facilitated and practiced.
- Heartsaver AED course facilitates the skills of CPR and safe use of an AED, management of choking in adults, children and babies. Health and fitness staff, or public sector employees who might have access to an AED would benefit from this CPR and AED training.
- Heartsaver CPR course focus on the basic skills of CPR and is ideally suited for persons taking care of children and babies, although performing CPR on adults is also included in the training.
Family and Friends Training courses
The Family and Friends courses are easy courses that will either teach the skills of CPR or first aid for children. These training courses are ideal for a domestic worker who has to care for small children or babies at home, or at a nursery. The video accompanied facilitation method improves retention of knowledge and ensures skills development.
- Family and Friends First Aid for Children course facilitates skills to manage simple childhood related injuries.
- Family and Friends CPR is a very short training course that facilitates the very important basic skills of CPR.
Awareness training Programmes
Aid at Hand's awareness programmes are designed to help people understand some safety issues or diseases that might have an influence on their every day work environment.
- Basic Fire Awareness training programme assist designated persons in the workplace to keep their co-workers safe from the devastating effects of a fire.
- HIV/ Aids Awareness training programme aims to help people to either live with the disease or to understand how HIV/ Aids affects a fellow worker's life.
- TB Awareness training programme is aimed at improving compliance to employees treatment programme to contain the spread of Tuberculosis. This awareness programme will also ally co-workers fears about working in the same space as persons suffering from TB.
If you would like more information on our courses or to enquire about course dates and availability, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.