First Aid Level 1
The First Aid Level 1 training course complies with the requirements for the Occupational Health and Safety Act. Corporate employees will find the Level 1 First Aid training course ideal for assisting them with the management of every day first aid emergencies in their workplace. Great emphasis is put on practicing the skills of cardio-pulmonary resuscitation (CPR) to enable employees to respond successfully to emergencies. The First Aid Level 1 training course meets the Department of Labour standards and guidelines as stipulated in the OSH act.
First Aid Level 1 Course Content:
This First Aid Level 1 course was designed to enable employees to respond to medical, injury or environmental emergencies effectively and efficiently as required by the OHS act. It is an interactive first aid training course that allows plenty of time for course participants to practice the skills of CPR, splinting, bandaging and to stop bleeding. An automated external defibrillator (AED) is also introduced during training. The basic principles of personal safety as well as ensuring that first aid is rendered in a safe environment is also an integral part of the training conducted. Other topics include:
- Basic principles of First Aid;
- Management of the scene around the victim;
- Basic one person CPR and use of an AED;
- Medical emergencies like Choking, Allergic reactions, Fainting, Diabetes, Stroke, Seizures and Shock;
- Injury emergencies includes Bleeding, Wounds, Head & Spinal injuries, Broken Bones & Sprains, Burns & Electrocution;
First Aid Level 1 Course Duration:
This First Aid training course consists of 16 hours' facilitation presented over two days.
First Aid Level 1 Course Fees Include:
First Aid student manual and a key pouch with gloves and mouth piece to be used during the first aid training course. A Department of Labour approved First Aid Level 1 certificate valid for 3 years will be issued on successful completion of training.
First Aid Level 1 Course Participation Requirements:
- Training course participants must be able to read, write and understand English and have basic math skills.
- Evaluation requirements includes a written test as well as a practical skills test on one person CPR.
The First Aid Level 1 training course contains all the requirements set forth by the Occupational Health and Safety Act. For more information, please see the Department of Labour website www.labour.gov.za or email us firstname.lastname@example.org.